Status
Not open for further replies.

jaceymvincent

Name
Jacey
This piece is taken of a Californian in a Minnesota winter. It shows our strength and power through the harshness of nature and our body’s incredible ability to adapt to different environments.

If we can learn to stand strong in below freezing temperatures and harsh winds, you would think we could learn to stand strong in the harshness of society and culture surrounding us today.

Attachments

• 6B2F259C-86E8-4DF4-AB14-5DA5208F6D65.jpeg
    6B2F259C-86E8-4DF4-AB14-5DA5208F6D65.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 133
Hello Jacey! Thank you for your submission to our contest! You have managed to send a strong message to all those who stand strong through through the struggles of today's society.
Good luck!

Beautiful photo. I like the visual contrast. Opposites attract! I also enjoyed reading your photo description.

As a side note, this also reminds me of how Tibetan monks use meditation to raise their body temperature in extreme low temperatures of their environments, and this was confirmed by a 1982 Harvard study. This might sound a little bit on the new age side, but we were all born with superpowers. Anything can be conquered with the enigmatic power of the mind.

As a side note, your nice description also reminds me of a lyric in one of my favorite songs, "Outshined," by Soundgarden, "I'm Looking California, and Feeling Minnesota." ☀️ ❄️ ☀️ ❄️

Beautiful photo. I like the visual contrast. Opposites attract! I also enjoyed reading your photo description.

As a side note, this also reminds me of how Tibetan monks use meditation to raise their body temperature in extreme low temperatures of their environments, and this was confirmed by a 1982 Harvard study. This might sound a little bit on the new age side, but we were all born with superpowers. Anything can be conquered with the enigmatic power of the mind.

As a side note, your nice description also reminds me of a lyric in one of my favorite songs, "Outshined," by Soundgarden, "I'm Looking California, and Feeling Minnesota." ☀️ ❄️ ☀️ ❄️
Oooo I love this! I’ll have to listen to the song and the monk thing is so cool!
Thank you for the encouragement! :)

A lovely lady in a lovely place. When I read your description and I just realized the cold temperature that was at the moment the picture was taken, I am even more impressed by the message it sends. I hope to see more of your work on this platform in the future :)

Oooo I love this! I’ll have to listen to the song and the monk thing is so cool!
Thank you for the encouragement! :)

😄😄😄

So the song... I actually pulled it up on my playlist during lunch break, and it's a hard rock song, so I'm not sure how you feel about that kind of sound. My taste in music has definitely mellowed out over the years, but I still listen to Soundgarden and appreciate the sound, especially the vocals.

-

Finding an u usual subject amidst a frigid environment with such control, sense of space and motion is wonderful. Congratulations. What camera system abd color space did you use?

Hey there, fellow photographer! :) What inspired you to take this beautiful photo? What camera did you use? What programs did you use for post-editing?

Hello again! :D We have recently updated our entry format. Could you please edit your first post to contain all these information? :) Thank you in advance!

FIRST NAME:
LAST NAME:
PHOTO LOCATION:
CAMERA:
LENS:
EDITING SOFTWARE
(IF ANY):
FILTERS USED
(IF ANY):

LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE:
(Choose between: Amateur, Hobbyist, Student or Professional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back