what kind of cameras do you use?

E

EDM

i have two super 8 cameras. one is a bell and howell 1237 xl, and the other is a chinon 132p xl. I dont use the B + H one much anymore. the chinon is so much smaller and the fixed focus lens helps me alot. however i havent seen my results from this camera yet. hopefully soon. anyways, i really love the look or super 8 and 16mm. i also have a samsung hi8.

nothing but digital . . . unfortunatly

nothing but digital . . . unfortunatly

I use a hi8 and miniDV which I borrow from my school. The hi8 is alright I guess. The miniDV is alright too. I like the look of new digital. The hi8 is grainy and muted. The miniDV is distinct and sensitive. I've found a huge array of images possible with that miniDV and you can check and recheck until you like the image and get it perfect using that little side window. I want to get my hands on a super8 or 16 mm, but first I'll need money.

yeah. you can find a decent super 8 camera on ebay for somewhere around 30-60 bucks. 16mm however, is a bigger step up, around 100-300 i think.

8)
I have polygamous relationship with various cameras.

I use the Canon XL1 more often than any other camera, but I recently got sand in the lens casing, so I have a temporary GL2 replacement while my X is getting cleaned up. I also have an old super 8 around for nostalgic purposes.

Yeah, I have an old Chinon super-8 around that we've shot some shorts on, but mostly I've been using my Sony TRV900 DV camera which is getting towards the end of its life, or hired 16mm cameras (think we used an Arri SR1 for the last short I made). At the moment I'm waiting to see what happens with the new HDV cameras before I buy something to replace the TRV900, and how the HDV cameras compare to super-16 for low-budget shoots after the technology has matured a little: being able to shoot something at least comparable to 16mm for the cost of a few DV tapes would be very handy.

Hello All,
I use the ARRI sr3 super 16mm camera this is one film camera I feel most comfortable with easy to load and use not to mention the German machinery, I think this is far most superior camera then any other in its class in the super 16mm category I also sometime use the ARRI 435 35mm camera as well as the ARRICAM Lt all depending on the budget and necessity of the client but my suggestion is if you are about to shoot film and are on budget the sr3 is the way to go not to mention its very easy to use.
:D

cinematography

cinematography

Hey all, new to the site! This is my first post!

Here's my arsenal...

sony dcrtrv17
jvc grhd10

2 bolex paillard h-16's

I also use...

2 canon gl1's
panasonic agdvx100

Cool handle; I dig their music...

Welcome to the forums.

So, wutcha into and wutcha in for?

I'm into camera work and editing mostly. I'm big on visual effects and special sound design too. But right now, just going to college. It's a community college, but they're getting me a degree in cinematography, and a degree in television studio control, so it's worth it. I'll be done by december. Yeah, A Perfect Circle rocks, they just played in Sacramento last night, they're headed for San Francisco on Saturday. I would have seen them, but both shows sold out the first week after sales started. OH WELL!

Keep Shootin'

Network Sponsors

Back