What kind of tripod should I get for what is right for me?

ironpony

Basically my current tripod is not the best and is wearing out, since it's old and was second hand, and I would like to get a new one. However, there are so many options.

A lot tripods, have a feature where you can level it by putting the ball in the liquid circle, if that makes sense. Where as the one I have, you have to adjust it on a chart, and level it that way. I probably would want a fluid head, since I hear they are the best, if that's true.

Also, there is one feature I want but haven't been able to find a tripod that has this, but maybe they exist. Basically most tripods, will tilt up and down and the camera, will actually curve upwards or downward. Same with panning, the camera will curve.

Where as I want a tripod that move the camera up or down, or left or right without curving. The camera will stay dead on the actor, the entire time without being tilted or panned, upward or downward, or curved left or right.

I want a tripod that can glide the camera up and down, and glide it left or right. So for example, if an actor is sitting in a chair, and I have the camera dead on his face, if the actor gets up out of his chair and stands, I want the camera to be able to gide upward with him, without having to curve, and still remain dead on, while gliding up with him.

But is there any tripod that can do this, that is also a fluid head, that can be leveled, if those are the best?

Or you can go to B&H website to see the list of recommended Tripot, might find what you need there before going to the tradeshow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean I should stop bragging around about B&H? Sorry to hear, sometimes big company has small eyes. They just don't see the potential of this forum, and it's negative for them, not for us.

Wow....now I get better picture of the story. I also don't understand why they react like that, some behind the scene reasons maybe? But anyway to support you mate, I deleted their link in my above post :) Keep on good work with your magazine!

Network Sponsors

Back