What is your opinion on Netflix's sudden change of policy?

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
Netflix is one of the most popular subscription streaming services and production companies in the US. It offers a library of film ad televsion series through distribution deals as well as its own productions. This service has become incredibly popular all over the world in the past year and it had a very friendly policy: no ads and all the episodes of a new TV Show season would be released at once.

Now, things are starting to change for Netflix. The company plans to change its policy and no longer release episodes of a TV Show season all at once. Starting October, it will release chunks of episoes, on a weekly basis. This has already started with the new season of Stranger Things. The CEO of Netflix, Ted Sarandos, confirmed that the company will soon be running ads for lower-priced subscription tier. This has seem to upset many of its subscribers, who consider that Netflix is earning enough from them paying those subscriptions.

What is your opinion about Netflix's sudden change of policy?

If they introduce ads, I am unsubscribing from their services and I will resubscribe in a few years, when the new season of a TV Show I really like comes out.

I was upset but as long as there is no other alternative that has the TV Shows I have started to like, it is what it is. Their Netflix Originals are really good

Usually, marketing stunts like the "Stranger Things" one work for a limited number of times. Once they become the new meta, they start losing that "something special".

Network Sponsors

Back