What is the most affordable camera to film a TV Show for a streaming website?

R

raducangeorgiana

As an aspiring filmmaker, there are many resources out there that can provide discoverability to your work. Online websites such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, even YouTube can be very helpful.

But your content needs to have a good quality. Both the visuals and the audio need to be good. The problem when you are just starting is that you don't have the financial resources to purchase or rent the best gear...and you can be a bit clueless.

This is why I am asking this question here, because there are many experienced filmmakers, I've seen some of our work.

What is the most affordable camera to film a TV Show that could be published on a streaming website such as Amazon Prime or Netflix?

I think it's an iPhone. There are some movies that were shot on an iPhone and they were very good. You need good lights. And a gimbal.

Yes phones have now better picture/video quality and NO they aren't that close to replace an actual camera 📸 even though they have better algorithms in it's captures.

I'm more of a photographer and not a videographer so all i can say to you @Raluca, is that depending on your budget there are many options out there. If your camera Operator is a handy person he could bring good quality to your videos and naturaly lower the video processing and editing time.

But enaugh about the person behind the camera. To my knowledge if you will go with an SLR camera the most important thing is also the lens .
You need something that can focus very fast and even on manual mode you could focus anything with one twist.
The market is full with older cameras that are slowly loosing or gaining price notoriety.
There are also the more compact option such as the vlogger cameras which they are made specially to capture good or fair video quality.

And then there are the crop frames and full frames cameras.

If i would change to videography i would use Sony Alpha S -series. They have everything integrated for this job.

I hope this will help you on your future purchases.

Best regards,
Adrian M.V.

Network Sponsors

Back