What a basic Sony FX30 camera can do at night in S-Log3 gamma mode and high ISO

Unfortunately, the noise reduction cannot be adjusted inside this camera. Noise reduction, editing & color grading in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2023.

Sony Cinema Line FX30 (ILME-FX30)
- Firmware Version 2.0
- XAVC S-I DCI 4K H.264 4:2:2 10-bit
- S-Gamut3.Cine/S-Log3

Lens:
- Sony E PZ 18–105 mm F4 G OSS APS-C (SELP18105G)
- Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS APS-C (SEL35F18)

I shot by the road with my hands, and the city panoramas on a tripod.
If anyone is planning to use this camera in a short film or documentary, email me. I'll try to answer questions or create a single video with answers.

Wow, the video looks stunning! The Sony FX30 camera seems to be capable of capturing great footage even in low light conditions with its S-Log3 gamma mode and high ISO. It's unfortunate that the noise reduction cannot be adjusted inside the camera, but the editing and color grading in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2023 seems to have done a great job.

Thanks for sharing the camera and lens details, as well as the shooting setup. It's helpful for filmmakers who are looking to use similar equipment for their short films or documentaries.

I appreciate your willingness to answer questions and offer help to others. It's always great to have a supportive community of filmmakers. Keep up the great work!

Wow, the video looks stunning! The Sony FX30 camera seems to be capable of capturing great footage even in low light conditions with its S-Log3 gamma mode and high ISO. It's unfortunate that the noise reduction cannot be adjusted inside the camera, but the editing and color grading in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2023 seems to have done a great job.

Thanks for sharing the camera and lens details, as well as the shooting setup. It's helpful for filmmakers who are looking to use similar equipment for their short films or documentaries.

I appreciate your willingness to answer questions and offer help to others. It's always great to have a supportive community of filmmakers. Keep up the great work!
Thank you!
I'm still preparing a codec test, both internal and in Atomos Ninja V. Especially how to get the most useful data out of an image.

Network Sponsors

Back