VHS > FCP

surjones

Okay so I need to transfer all of my home movies from the old days. The format is VHS, and the thing I am using now is the TV box I have for my Mac called Miglia Evolution TV. Anyways, well it has compsite and S-Video in's, so i plug my VHS up to it, change my AV, and press play on the VHS player hit record on the Miglia EvoTv program, and it does a great job.. Size I dont know if it is the best. There are a couple compressions options,
792498_22_full.jpg

OKay so this method works fine, but I have noticed when I record TV that even with Divx adn 3ivx tey still dont play. BUT when I do my key for QuickTime Pro they work. ... So here is my issue with that, If I cant play it unless I have QT pro, then there is no way my N-laws will be able to play. Which one of those format will my N-laws be able to see on any computer..

Then here is another option.. Taking one of those compressions from Miglia's EvolutionTV and compressing again through Compressor, not to compress the size, but tather change the encoder to be something ANY standard persons computer can read.

Now on to compression size. right now, the DVD MPEG 2 does about 2.08 and DVD MPEG 4 does about 1.38 but the quality for the MPEG 4 doesnt look as clean as the MPEG 2. and this is for about 50 mins worth of tape. Is this good??

I know so many questions and examples, and I jump all over the place. but I apperciate any help and also examples on how you do VHS conversions to QT readible for All :)

thanks

Network Sponsors

Back