Using lower wattage lights

RocknFish

I know that no question is stupid, but this very well could be. I have a 3 set of 800w fresnels, and as I am starting to do some research on lighting, I see the importance of different intensities. With out buying another housing, I should be able to use my current ones with a 300 watt or so right? It's technically an incandescent, so it's like putting a 30w in a fixture that can handle 75w. That's what I'm trying to hit at I guess, when buying a fresnel, the wattage shown is how much it can handle right?

Where to buy the bulbs

Where to buy the bulbs

Now I guess my next question is where to find the replacement bulbs. The lights are open faced, and i found some red head replacements on ebay that were 800w which fit and bought a little while back, but trying to find anything considerably lower is tough. I can't find a consistent type of bulb, I look up R7s, T-4 and some others and i get all sorts of different bulbs. At a reliable source its 2-4 weeks a way

I have the Showtime Systems Bluline spot/flood. Technically its not a fresnel because it doesn't have the lens.

Last edited:
dont post links to commercial sites

dont post links to commercial sites

don't post links to commercial sites

some of these companies make millions of dollars and i can't get them to sponsor workshop soft drinks for us so please do not post commercial links. you can ask or post questions about products but not links to sites to buy them on. ok?

Sorry about that, just a little frustrated, I only meant to give as much info as possible. I will keep that in mind.

Network Sponsors

Back