Using Wireless Video Transmitters and Receivers

MAdler

I started using a video TX RX system back in 1990. Great for seeing images when camera is on a barge or in a helicopter. Over the years I upgraded - and when working on features noticed the production wouldn't pay a decent rate - better rates from a camera rental vendor... Flash forward to 2022. I have been using Teleprompter systems more and more, and in some cases its good to have less cables.
There are Teredek systems which are pricey but have 0 latency..for at times critical viewing. But for my purposes, a Hollyland Cosmos C1 system is less expensive and tho it has some latency, it does not really effect words scrolling.
What has to be thought about is the fact that camera will use a TX/RX, Sound will too. In order to work together we have to make sure the frequencies are not overlapping.
For me, in certain cases this will be very useful. I can battery power my Teleprompter monitor and battery power the TX RX no cables on the floor. With a little thought and planning great workflow.

You are very experienced, MAdler! I was born in 1991 :) One year after you started using TX RX system

You've seen the ups and downs of this industry and you have the experience to know which gear works best. I still have a long way to go until I gain this experience.

Network Sponsors

Back