urgent help needed on 24P HD filming

R

rdegracia

Question 1: If I shoot 60i and translate it in post pro to 24P in order to get slow motion... what is the equivalence with fp/s ?? = is this 36? or 38?
I want to shoot a video clip with moth sync + slow motion...what is the percentage the sound guy should put the music?... Urgent help needed!!!

Question 2: Any suggestion about lenses on shooting HD?? what about the comparision Zeiss Diprimes versus Arri Ultraprimes with Pro35 adapter???

rdegracia@mi.madritel.es

If you take 60 fields per second capture and in post, convert each field to a frame, you end up with 60 fps, which looks slow-motion if played back at 24 fps.

The P&S Technik Pro-35 adaptor is for a special look -- you are rephotographing the image off of a groundglass, which is a very mild form of diffusion, and the point is to be able to shoot at wide apertures to get a shallow-focus look.

With something like a Zeiss Digi-Prime shot wide-open, you can achieve the equivalent depth of field of shooting in 35mm at an f/2.8 or f/2.8-4.0 split. So if that's not shallow-enough for you, you can use the P&S Technik but then you'd be shooting at an f/2.0 or so to be worth the bother -- and that's pretty shallow-focus! If you end up shooting at an f/2.8 or so, you might as well just be using fast HD prime lenses, which would be sharper. However, some people feel that the image off of the groundglass in the P&S Technik adds a pleasant "film" texture, so it's a matter of taste. But technically speaking, you would get better performance from the Digi-Primes.

Network Sponsors

Back