URGENT help needed!! Timeline & Canvas disappeared?

ruthie

ok. so im working on deadline and mid project my timeline and canvas just disappear. i could have possibly hit some unknown shortcut but if i did, im not aware. I have tried restarting the program and my computer but to no avail. When i open FCP (version 4) i still have no canvas and timeline. I went to the Window options and it will not let me choose canvas or timeline..they are both gray and cannot be checked. So i tried just switching it to "Standard" format to see if that would reset it..to no avail.

Does anyone know why this has happened and how to fix it?? THANKS!!!

Final Cut Pro Problems

Final Cut Pro Problems

Hi ruthie. I am new to this site but I am liking it already. I saw your post and I thought that I might be able to help. I currently work with FCP 3. Sometimes I accidentally press and hold ? then press W. That will close the window that is currently selected. If you still have the Browser window just double click on one of your sequences. That works for me. I wouldn’t think it would be different for FCP 4. I hope that helps.

JCAVEditor

that sounds feasible...it might be the problem...i will check as soon as i get home from work tonight!! Thanks for your help!

Hi Ruth,
You need to have a sequence open to show the timeline and canvas. You may have accidentally closed the sequence that you were working on. Try opening a sequence and see if that solves the problem. Jim

you were so right about that one jim. i figured it out yesterday when i finally wised up and realized thats what happened.....i knew it was going to be something simple that slapped me in the face once i figured it out. thanks guys!

Network Sponsors

Back