Tripod and head help

N

Nevada

I am having a hard time finding a tripod and head for my 16mm arriflex BL. Most of what i am finding is for still cameras on the net. any suggestions on where to look would be welcome. any suggestions on particular equipment is also welcome. my budget total for both is $1000 or less :)

thx!

Generally, the old rule was that you mounted your camera on a support system that was five times more expensive than your camera.

What you mount your camera to is directly related to the quality of the movement you will be able to execute. If you mount a Panavision camera to prosumer head and sticks, you'll get a prosumer image (provided the weight of the Panavision camera doesn't crush the prosumer sticks). Mount the Panavision to a Panahead on a J.L. Fischer or a Panther, and you'll get professional movements...PROVIDED, you are a professional operator of those systems.

Your budget of $1000 is not going to get you anywhere close to a professional style fluid head and sticks by way of O'Connor or Sachtler. You can always buy a cheaper head and sticks, but you'll get a cheaper image. I can guarantee you that.

Do your best to carefully schedule your projects so you can rent a good support package when you're shooting. Otherwise, you will end up wasting that $1000 dollars.

If you're determined to buy a support system, try AbelCineTech. They have excellent packages at reasonable prices. You'll spend more than $1000.

thx!

thx!

thx for the great info. I will look into rental equipment.

thx!

Network Sponsors

Back