Texas Chainsaw Massacre style

JackTorrance

First of, I'm new to this forum and already I can see this being a really useful resource for film making knowledge. So thanks before hand!

I'm currently in the motion of filming a student film for my college course. It's a horror/thriller and I have been toying with the idea of giving it a slight tint, like what was used in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and its prequel.

My Question is, how can I go about this using Adobe Premiere Elements and/or After Effects 7.0? I've had a little play about but nothing great and just comes across bit amatuerish.

Cheers

There are lots of different ways of colour grading in AfterEffects. If you don't have any Plug ins, you can use Photofilter, Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, Colour Balance, play with the Levels or Curves. A little bit of Glow always looks good.

Another thing you can do is Duplicate the footage and then with the top layer selected, change the blending mode and lower the Opacity a bit. Then apply effects to the two individual layers like blur or one of the effects above.

You can also create a Solid and put it over a part of the composition and change the blending mode and Blur the edges. to change the colour of the sky or ground.

7om8o87 said:
There are lots of different ways of colour grading in AfterEffects. If you don't have any Plug ins, you can use Photofilter, Hue/Saturation, Brightness/Contrast, Colour Balance, play with the Levels or Curves. A little bit of Glow always looks good.

Another thing you can do is Duplicate the footage and then with the top layer selected, change the blending mode and lower the Opacity a bit. Then apply effects to the two individual layers like blur or one of the effects above.

You can also create a Solid and put it over a part of the composition and change the blending mode and Blur the edges. to change the colour of the sky or ground.

cheers, much appreiciated.

Network Sponsors

Back