suggestion for a deck...

ruthie

so for the past 2 years ive been using my consumer level jvc dvc as a deck to capture all my footage. however, i fear it has seen its final days and i no longer trust it as a deck as it has begun eating tapes. (hungry little bastard!) i was just wondering if you all have any suggestions for a decent (but cheap! im shooting no budget here!) deck. is it a bad idea to just buy another low end consumer level dvc to use? Thanks! :)

JVC

JVC

I have the Professional DV JVC BR-DV600U

I love it, No limatations, and you can find use I am sure for like 1100.00.

Just my input. I know for the price you cant go wrong. Bieng it will last you years, and every 2000 hours you must change the all the inners, THAT IS NOT BAD... Has nothing to do with some minor maintanence.

Personal experience has shown me that there are no cheap decks out there worth buying... also, experience with various brands has lead me to trusting only SONY products... especially for decks.

I have the JVC 600 deck. I was an early adopter so my unit may not be indicative of most of the machines, but mine is on its third tape transport and has been to the JVC shop in Chicago about once a year since I bought it in 2000.

We've found that our TRV-900 and out PDX10 Sony camcorders have been the most dependable DV decks we've had.

Network Sponsors

Back