Strange anomaly ???

Snowy Rivers

I use vegas 5.0 to edit with and have always had great success.

Recently I have had an issue pop up that caused me great alarm.
I have mostly done promotional videos that were just basic stuff that was for advertising.
Recently I did my first (YES Number 1) Wedding. :eek: and during post production I noticed a few scenes that looked as though the camera was panned in small jittery fits.
This was only real noticeable in one scene and I did pick up a couple other areas that were slightly noticeable.

I went back and reviewed the original footage and it seems fine even when played on the computer.

I was horrified that this being my first wedding and to have this anomaly that stuck out.

I went ahead and burned the final mix to a DVD and then played the DVD (In the same computer) and the finished product is flawless.

I am puzzled as to what is the issue.

The MPG file shows some issue but not as bad as the veg file when played in the editor. ??????????

Now I shot all the footage on my Sony V5000 Hi8 pro and then transfered the data through a Sony digital camcorder via firewire to the computer.
I have done my work this way for a long time and never seen any issues.

The only thing that changed this time was I used a different V5000 camcorder than my other videos.

Some sort of Time base correction error?????

Any ideas would be appreciated???

best

Snowy

I use vegas 5.0 to edit with and have always had great success.

... :eek: and during post production I noticed a few scenes that looked as though the camera was panned in small jittery fits.

Snowy

*Where* did you see the jerkiness? If it's in the preview, then it is most likely that your CPU can't keep up with the rapidly changing video. Make sure that your preview settings are "Preview-Automatic", or even draft.

Network Sponsors

Back