storyline for sale to hollywood

guddsid

i have a very good storyline and i would like to sell it to hollywood producers however i dont know where to get in touch with them.please is there any website i can sell this storyline through.?

If you don't have an agent it is unlikely that you could sell it to a major Hollywood studio.

As far a website withoutabox or google something like list of indie producers.

And you're highly unlikely to sell a story idea in any case; you can't make a movie from an idea, you need to turn that idea into a script.

In the industry for every 100 script that they read maybe one will go on to make a film. Unless you know people in the industry its kinda hard to just sell an idea.

This isn't the best time to try and sell a script anyway. With the WGA on strike, producers are falling back on their overstocked ideas, agents are firing clients, and writers aren't writing. It's just a bad time in the market to try and look for Hollywood help for new writers.

I disagree. If the strikes go on much longer an more films get put on hold Hollywood gonna start loosing money and their gonna want new scripts.

I hail from the great New Zealand. So if you need someone to write at least a draft treatment for free, I ain't got nothing on.

esp4ever said:
In the industry for every 100 script that they read maybe one will go on to make a film. Unless you know people in the industry its kinda hard to just sell an idea.

I thinks it's more like 200 +/- out of every 40,000 +/- written each year ever make it to films. Of those, many are written by the DP themselves.

Even if you have a great idea, and even if you know half of Hollywood, it's near-impossible to walk in and sell an idea. Need to settle in for the long haul.

Alex

www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com
www.guerro.wordpress.com

Network Sponsors

Back