starting a post- production company

nphearts

I am currently starting a film post- production company, but I have no idea as to what equipment to buy. Can someone give me a list of everything I would need to get the company at hollywood status? I am on a buget, but I do want top-notch epuipment. So, can anyone help me?

what!?!?! you want to start a post-prod house? and your on a budget..

thats not really how you should be starting. Postproduction is going to be souly based on your target market. What kind of films do you want to get finished etc etc etc.

its not worth putting your self into debt, but buy the most recent computers with software that youd need to edit or composit, depends..

cheapest stuff... Avid, and a core 2 duo PC with 256mb vid card, 2gigs of ram and LOADS of Hard drive space.. if you want to do HD get some Hard drives in RAID aray... besides that yea? Cant really recommend that do you, but if you dont have a 500 thousand dollar budget, you wont get alot of work stations up and running...

Just picture editing? Or are you going to do audio post as well? Just the basics of an audio post facility are going to set you back at least $50k.

Starting a business is not for the feint of heart. Start out with a business plan. Business focus, location, equipment, personel, insurance, financing, target market, sales & marketing, expected ROI, etc.

Network Sponsors

Back