Starter sound gear?

shaun2042

Forgive me if it's posted else where. I can't find a sound man (in my area), so I've decided to do it my self. My question is what is the lowest priced used package I might be able to get? I have a boom mic, but that's it. I found a Tascam DA-30 Dat Recorder for $100. Will this work? And if so what else would I need to get good sound? Thanks for your help.

No, it is not a battery powered field recorder, you'll need reliable AC wherever you are. Try something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tascam-DA-P1-Po...oryZ3278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Be damned sure that it is in good condition as there are fewer and fewer places that repair them any more, and getting replacement parts is becoming an issue. Also lay in a large supply of tapes, they are also becoming harder to find and more expensive as fewer vendors are making them.

If you have the budget consider the Marantz PMD660, Tascam HD-P2, or Fostex FR-2. There are similar devices out there but these seem to be the leaders in their price ranges.

Network Sponsors

Back