Software

I haven't tried it myself, but someone pointed me towards this site a while ago, for free scriptwrting software:

http://www.celtx.com

If you do try it out I'd be interested to know how you found it. It's about time Final Draft had some decent free software competition.

i have heard that final draft has a lot of bugs. Its seems like a lot more people like movie magic. I was wondering what everyone thought?

FD7 had a lot of bugs when it was released, but supposedly most of them have been fixed since. Personally I'm still using FD6.

I've been using FD7 since after the bugs were fixed... absolutely LOVE IT.

are the bugs easy to fix? Do you just download patches to fix it?

I came across this site a long while ago, www.scriptbuddy.com. It's free to use and is pretty easy to get the hang of. I personally don't use it though, because it does seem to slow down my writing, and also because I don't know how safe my scripts are from being 'poached.' Feel free to check it out though and make up your own mind.

Thank you MarkG for the link to Celtx. I have just downloaded it. It is a software that also assists you. For example it contains one sample of a script of "The Wizard of Oz". It also has a scene detail description of "The Wizard of Oz". So it seems that the developers are interested in your satisfication.

The scene detail description appears as follows:

What is the central event of this scene?
Dorothy, Toto, Tin Man and Scarecrow are travelling to the Emerald City along the yellow brick road. They pass through a dark forest and hear the sounds of wild animals. A lion pounces out from behind a tree and Toto, the dog growls at him. At first Dorothy is frightened, however, when the lion threatens her dog, she slaps him on the nose for picking on someone smaller than him.

The lion reveals that he is in fact a coward and that he would like to have courage. Dorothy, scarecrow and Tin man invite the lion to join them on there journey to see the Wizard of Oz. They hope that the wizard can give the lion his courage, the tinman a heart, the scarecrow a brain and help Dorothy get home.

Network Sponsors

Back