Simpsons Episode

Zenmaster4

Hey, just finished a Simpsons episode, and I was wondering how I should get it to Fox. Please let me know if you know. THNX

Z4

Has Fox asked you to send them an episode of "The Simpsons?" Do you know somebody at Fox? Have you gotten a hold of their bible, memorized it, and written accordingly? Unless the answer to all three of these questions is yes, don't try to submit it.

The bible is the notebook used by all of the writers of any television show. Every single tv show (reality tv being the exception) has a bible - a blueprint of how the show works. It has detailed bios of every single character, their established relationships with other characters, plots that have been done, plots that are being produced, plots that could possibly be used in the future. It contains every single thing that a writer on that show would need in order to write an entire episode by themselves. In order to get one, you'd need to either be a writer on the show, or know somebody who has been a writer on the show.

Also, and I don't mean to be quarrelsome or angry, but shows like "The Simpsons" have dozens of writers working on each and every episode all of the time. Not just that, but this show, in particular, has been going without the help of yourself (again, no offense. it's just the way things are) for going on almost twenty years now. Lastly, you could not submit your episode without representation, and a good agent/lawyer at that. This is advice for everybody, not just yourself Zenmaster. The entire studio system is in place to keep outsiders out and insiders in. This is why people who you see making it had one, but usually both of the following going for them: they knew somebody with an in. Or, more rare, they are really fucking talented. The latter is the more rare of the two. Sad to say, but that's just how things are. The best thing that people can do, writers especially, is to win high-profile competitions or direct their own stuff to give them more "clout"/experience.

Determination

Determination

Do Research! Find out who the decision maker is and send copies of your writings or go camp out on their doorsteps and hand it to them personally!

I don’t think your time has been wasted writing a Simpson show and I have heard of producers looking for new material for season shows using an outside writer's idea for an episode. I don’t know exactly how to go about it but I know it depends on two factors. How good the writting is and how determined you are about getting your writing read by someone that can do something with it.

I certainly don’t think it is a bad Idea to get representation through agents and legal people but getting recognized is also something. I think too many times we worry about someone stealing our Idea and we just don’t get the creative works out there for recognition that we could because of the fear of getting ripped off. You will have another idea if you had one idea! It is not the last good idea you will have for the rest of your life, trust me on this.

If you give up, well then there you have it. Determined people get lucky because they never give up and they don’t take no or “…your wasting your time” as an answer.” Many very famous people in all walks of life have been told they had no talent, no brains and they should go back to their day job. If they listened they would never have become the mega super stars they went on to be.

Look forward to seeing your Simpson episode.

Truly
Kim

I see what you all mean. Well, it took me like two days to write it, and another to revise, so it doesn't really matter. Thanks 4 the info.

Z4

This site has information about getting an agent.

This site has information about getting an agent.

This link below it the Writers Guild of America East Web site. It has sections on how to go about Script Registration, how find an Agent, Presenting your Work to an Agent, Tracking your residuals, and it has a section on how to find a writer.

http://www.wgae.org/

ok, I apologize for that ...

ok, I apologize for that ...

but the site seems to be a good resource for writers. I think we need to add a section in our resources for writers and put links to sites like this one in the previous post I made.

I could be imagining things, but I could of swore that I read that even series that use staff writers are still required, by statutes set up by the WGA, to accept a certain amount of scripts each year that are written by freelancers. I am sure that they then go through the proverbial wringer that is the staff writers, but the writer would have still sold a script nonetheless.

Network Sponsors

Back