SCIFI Feature film UFO

It is impressing what one single person can achieve by working on a project. Great job, @KashishM !
How long did you work on this?

Thanks a Lot Maura.I started shooting from June . It ended in december. Yeah. Shooting was easy.The toughest part was editing for days and days wondering if it will ever end. Lipsyncing the dubbed voice is also very cumbersome, needs infinite patience. And also negative voices cloud you at times like Why I am doing this? Why working so hard for something which will give me no money, nothing, nobody cares, people around you call it useless. For few months I had stopped doing it. But I kept going even if at times it went really slow. And solutions came out about what to do net, how to edit, what to show etc. I learnt so much like editing, vfx, shooting,acting, lighting while making the movie. Finally when my labour of love ended I realised for an independent filmmaker, making movies is pure love and the excitement you get on realising that you created something new which never existed before like giving birth to a baby.
Before this move I had planned a movie with several local actors with a big budget and all but everything failed and I was very sad. But I lifted myself up and decided not to give up and went back to making movies with myself in zero budget.

Thanks a Lot Maura.I started shooting from June . It ended in december. Yeah. Shooting was easy.The toughest part was editing for days and days wondering if it will ever end. Lipsyncing the dubbed voice is also very cumbersome, needs infinite patience. And also negative voices cloud you at times like Why I am doing this? Why working so hard for something which will give me no money, nothing, nobody cares, people around you call it useless. For few months I had stopped doing it. But I kept going even if at times it went really slow. And solutions came out about what to do net, how to edit, what to show etc. I learnt so much like editing, vfx, shooting,acting, lighting while making the movie. Finally when my labour of love ended I realised for an independent filmmaker, making movies is pure love and the excitement you get on realising that you created something new which never existed before like giving birth to a baby.
Before this move I had planned a movie with several local actors with a big budget and all but everything failed and I was very sad. But I lifted myself up and decided not to give up and went back to making movies with myself in zero budget.
Don't get sad, you did a great project on your own! You will have time for projects with big budgets in the future! :) Some filmmakers tried for years before making a big project and when they did, everyone admired their work! :)
The good part is that you gain precious experience from each project you work on and this will help you create even better projects in the future! Keep us updated!

You can also start a "work in progress" thread for your future projects if you wish! :)

Hey, I read your above comment. Obstacles always arise when you try to do something creative and positive. We could make a thread and tell stories of what happened to each of us. Some give up and stop because they get demotivated. Others go on. And continue to work. And this is why they will eventually succeed. Like you did with the movie, it's a good one and with a bigger crew and budget it would be a really cool movie that could be showcased in cinemas. Keep on grinding!

Network Sponsors

Back