prod. photos from Deployment Strategy indie scifi

M

markcheng

I just posted some behind-the-scenes photos and production stills from our film shoot a couple of weeks ago.

The film was shot with a Panasonic DVX100 in 3:2 format. The screen shots are a bit blurry due to resize, but I still am very happy with the results and attribute a lot of this to having an experienced DP. It was one of the few things I insisted on spending money on!

There are also some shots that feature the set that I built in my basement of the interior of a flying personell carrier that carries troops. Who would have thought that a bunch of plastic container lids and black/silver paint could come out that way!

Mark.

thought I'd post some here for you to see..

dropship2.jpg

leeListens.jpg

mechTurns.jpg

chavezScared.jpg

hope you like!

behindScenes20.jpg

Question please

Question please

Hi Cheng, many thanks for sharing the photos with us. man, that's a kick butt movie. Congratulation on your outstanding performance.
I have some questions for you Cheng if you don't mind of course. what kind of camera/Lenses/Lighting did you use. I know it is too much information to give away but please if you can't answer me in public you can pm me at: ozark_vision@yahoo.com
thanks in advance and best of luck in your project.

hey ozark,

we shot using a Panasonic dvx100 which i think doesn't have an interchangeable lens system, so it was the default lens.

for the lighting package, my DP assembled a lighting package with the budget I told him I could afford. we ended up with something like this:

2 x 1K's
3 x 650's
3 x 350's
4 x 4 foot kino flos
4 x 2 foot kino flos
a couple of bounce boards
a couple misc. off the shelf consumer lights.
the rest was part of normal lighting package- c stands, beefy babies, flag kit, stuff like that.

Power was our major challenge, we kept maxing out and causing power trips. we had to turn off the coffee maker and the space heater in the green room at times. I usually shoot and light my own stuff, but for a project like this I decided to bring on a DP.

Hope this helps!! shoot me any more questions you got!

mc

someBrains.jpg

Thanks Mark

Thanks Mark

Thanks for sharing your answers. I really do appreciate it. you did a terrific job. I still have one other question. what audio system did you use (shutgun etc)? thanks in advance.

hey ozark! we used a shotgun mic by audio technica I think. not sure if I spelled it correctly. we usually had it mounted on a boom and had a dedicated audio dude doing it. Other times though I had to have an actor extra doing it like see how this boom guy's also wearing a SWAT uniform??

behindScenes05.jpg

Thanks again Mark

Thanks again Mark

Many thanks again Mark for being so generous and sharing the info with us. Honestly speaking it is rare when you find somebody with a great heart like your self. two thumbs up Bro and Best of luck.

hey ozark, no problem, man. good luck with your stuff and let us know how it goes! mc

Network Sponsors

Back