Saving British Culture - Satire on British Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbansledger

Hey,

I meant to link this in with my other video as I created them at the same time, but here we go. I would love feedback on them both.

The basic principal behind this is that all of the text in the video is a paraphrased quote from a far right politician in the UK when he was talking about preserving British culture in the face of immigration from the middle east. So the video is a satire on the hypocrisy of that idea.

It is satire, I am not at all saying anyone should be 'saving british culture' or tell anyone they're 'not welcome'.

Feedback would be appreciated!

I think that these kinds of films/videos are popular now. Liberals and Conservatives are creating videos from different perspectives. I like how they make people think about things. We are more likely to get to understand something better if we are more aware of different perspectives. I was even thinking we might teach some kinds of political persuasive filmmaking classes. I am waiting for someone to post another video that creates the next firestorm of opinions but we do want to focus on how to make good films and that being subjective it would be what you the filmmaker wanted to accomplish and do you feel that you did that?

I think that these kinds of films/videos are popular now. Liberals and Conservatives are creating videos from different perspectives. I like how they make people think about things. We are more likely to get to understand something better if we are more aware of different perspectives. I was even thinking we might teach some kinds of political persuasive filmmaking classes. I am waiting for someone to post another video that creates the next firestorm of opinions but we do want to focus on how to make good films and that being subjective it would be what you the filmmaker wanted to accomplish and do you feel that you did that?

Yeah I think perspective is important, however I think political parties are often not the best place to start looking for responsible, reputable and rounded views on certain subjects. This maybe more so in the US, I think, where there is much more tit for tat between parties but either way when there are only two main parties in a democratic system they often only serve to polarise opinion, resulting in less perspective. This is something which I do not think is helpful. As for filmmaking around this idea, I think its very important. In fact I think the most striking way to challenge perceptions and authoritative figures such as politicians, is through satire and comedy.

I cracked up at my video (haha sounds so sad to say that), but thats mainly because I laughed at how ridiculous the interview was. This is why I just paraphrased his answer, all I had to do was change the presentation to show my not so thinly veiled point. So yeah Im happy with it, but I am curious to know peoples reaction to it as satire has a habit of going over peoples heads (as the one and only comment on the video proves).

Hope some of that made sense.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Network Sponsors

Back