Rotoscoping

• Gr8!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubbish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tclark

Does anyone else here do rotoscoping?

im working on a film using rotoscoping and might be working on it for a while but i was wondering who else did it?

also, when i have it finished, will i be able so put it up here and how?

T

Yeah, I have done it

Yeah, I have done it

My buddies and I have done a short (very short) lightsaber battle and rotoscoped the blades and added sound effects in post. Used Adobe Premier to capture the video and save it as a film strip, opened the film strip in Photoshop and went through each frame adding the required bits and pieces. Then saved the edited filmstrip and imported back into Premier to add the sounds.

Their are some set back to rotoscoping though. The saved filmstrip file is very big (dont remember how bit it was, we did it over 2 years ago) and the process takes a long time.

What we did was cut the scene into 3 different portions, and we each took a portion to rotoscope. If you have some friends that are willing to help, USE THEM!

I really wish I had that video to post and show you guys. I was very proud of the work we did, even though the finished product lasted less than a minute.

As for posting it up here, you need to sign up with a file hosting service (i use tripod), upload the video to the hosting site and post the link for the video.

yeah im doign the same.

the fights about 5 minutes long and iv sliced it in2 about 8 sections (im on section 6 after 9 months :D). doin it the exact same way as u said...

yeah... what more cn i say?

it might b a while b4 its finished but when it is ill post it on my own web hosting server :)D!!!!!!) and then put a link here

I used to do a lot of rotoscoping when I first got After Effects..it's a great technique!! I also did some rotoscoping with our upcoming film, Deployment Strategy..The fx samples are on our website here: www.markcheng.com

I'll have some tutorials there, but right now I can say that to achieve the best results, make sure your camera is definitely locked down and doesn't move if you are filming multiple plates that will be layered. Also, if your rotoscoping object is complicated in shape, consider using several garbage mattes to make up the object, that may help!

Network Sponsors

Back