Recovering Deleted Audio Track

videojoe03

i had a client decide to offline a project themselves and bring the project to me to polish up and online. she used a ton of cover shots that were captured with NATS audio but when she dropped them on the timeline, she didnt want the nats and deleted the audio channels for the clips.

now her clients want the nats mixed back in for the cover shots.

does anyone know how to get this synced audio back onto the timeline without having to find the original clips in the bin and drop all the originals back,one by one?

Ouch, bad workflow! If you don't want audio, turn off that audio track, NEVER delete a clips audio.

Anyway, you'll have to do a Match Frame function, and yes, put just the audio back into the Timeline and match it up. But Match Frame will make that really fast and easy.

yeah, bad workflow

yeah, bad workflow

i agree, bad workflow, but i guess its what you get when a client with no FCP experience decides they want to offline...haha.

ends up that it was just a couple of shots the producer wanted audio from....whooo, dodged a bullet there.

thanks,
joe

Just cause I'm curious, what was the format of the video the were editing "offline"? I find so many folks offline just cause the read that term in magazines, when it is totally unnecessary.

Network Sponsors

Back