Question about Capturing DV that was filmed at 24p

ruthie

Ok, so my director filmed this footage using one of those new spiffy 24p DV cameras (i believe it was the XL2). He gave me the footage and said any deck would work capturing the footage since its still 29.97 but just encoded as 24p. HOWEVER, when i try and capture (using FCP 4), i keep getting "frames dropped" error message. So i turned off the option for that and tried to continue capturing to no avail. It keeps losing the timecode!! This happens about every 4 seconds of footage. "timecode break"....and at some points, it cant even locate a timecode. Does anyone know if I have to be using a 24p capable DVC in order to capture this? oR is there a setting somewhere that i can adjust to fix this issue. (I have the A/V settings on Anamorphic because it was shot anamorphic. I also tried capturing with the settings on 24).

Another issue im having is the clips that i have managed to capture (none longer than 5 seconds) all have to be rendered as soon as i place them on the timeline. I cant even view them at all. Is this due to the fact it was filmed using the anamorphic setting? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

THANKS! :)

If you are at 4.0 then upgrade to 4.1. If you have to render than your sequence settings do not match your capture settings. Yes, you want to capture at 29.97. If I recall isn't there a plugin for the DVX in the EXTRAS folder of your FCP install disk? I may be wrong here.

Network Sponsors

Back