Promoting our Short Film Campaign!!

https://seedandspark.com/fund/alac#story

Hey everybody! I am a 21-year-old student filmmaker based in the Los Angeles area. I had recently posted a zero-budget film on Reddit which got some good attention! I am now moving up, very slightly, trying to make something with some more money involved. We set out to raise 2,500 and WE HIT 80% OF OUR GOAL IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!! Help us get to 3,500 in the next 7 days because we have so much planned if we are able to raise more!

The film is about a young man and woman having a difficult conversation over dinner; however, both the reality of their relationship and surroundings may not be what it seems. All information about the film is located within the seed and spark linked above along with a short trailer! If you aren’t able to donate but believe in this project a follow on the account would surely help us out. Getting to 250 followers lets s&s promote the film on their page. Thank you everyone and have a wonderful day!

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
Staff member
Hello @connorjh49 and welcome to our community!

It is remarkable that you hit 80% of your goal in less than 24 hours! The plot sounds great! We would love to hear more about your project on our forums. :) We have categories where you can also showcase your work if you wish.

Oskar Kuusk

Reddit can sometimes be a good place to promote your projects. What was the last movie about? Is it publicly available on the internet?

Robert Miller

I feel the character from ROACH...horrible feeling to be in his shoes...been there...nice filmmaking skills you've got there! 💪💪💪💪

Maura N.

The Last Black Unicorn
Staff member

Oskar Kuusk

Ya, it definitely can get some good attention, but sometimes you just get lucky! And yes my two other films are on my youtube channel. I will link my most recent one "ROACH" here:
This is a very good short film! Have you considered entering your work into festivals?

This is a very good short film! Have you considered entering your work into festivals?
I have entered into a few, but not that much traction from them. For this project we are putting a side a part of the budget for post-production and a festival run so hopefully, I can do more this time around, they are so expensive. If you know of any that my style would fit into let me know!

Oskar Kuusk

I have entered into a few, but not that much traction from them. For this project we are putting a side a part of the budget for post-production and a festival run so hopefully, I can do more this time around, they are so expensive. If you know of any that my style would fit into let me know!
Will do. I saw a few festivals and video contests posted on the forums, too