Poor output quality from FCP

P

pagangod

Hi,

When I capture original video into my FCP4 it is never as high quality (sharpness of image etc) as the original tape. I assumed that was either my monitor (although it is a new top of the line Mac) or FCP trying to save memory/power.
However, when I export the FC to a QT file, it is still not the high quality of the original. Rather, it is the same lower quality as viewed in FCP.
My PRINT TO TAPE function works perfectly and gives me back the exact high quality of my original footage but I need to be able to get that quality out on a QT file for DVD burning, compression for the internet, etc.

Any ideas?
:?:

Ok...
first, check out which option you're using to make a quicktime file.
If you're using the "Quicktime Conversion Tool" then you're going to have to mess with the options...
720x480 is DV resolution... it's likely a DV-NTSC codec originally... so you'll want to check that out.

However, if you're using an Apple/Mac DVD burning program... I'd advise just making a "Quicktime Movie" the first option when you export a timeline to a movie.

If that still doesn't help...
I'll have to check into it when I'm back at my G5 on Monday.

Let me know if this helps... otherwise someone else will hopefully have the solution... or I'll get back to ya on Monday.

Good luck.

Network Sponsors

Back