Output

CheetinCheeto

Alright, I'm working with a Panasonic MD-9000 using miniDV. I edit Avid but actually cant capture into Avid. For some reason it won't see the Cam when connected with Firewire ( if anyone knows how to resolve this). I capture with a capture card, in AVI format, then import the AVI file into Avid. I was looking for any suggestions or personal experiences that have garnered the best looking video. Just wondering how others are going about it.
I have after effects and plug ins galore. Also adobe encore 2.0 to make dvd. Thanks

A quick thought for capturing into Avid: Alot of Panasonic cameras don't get recognized right off the bat in Avid... it can take a bit of massaging. The biggest thing you want to make sure of is that you've powered the camera on and into your playback mode before you start Avid on your system. Then use the check-deck command in the capture tool; it might take a few times of checking the deck to get it to recognize, but in my experience you can ALWAYS get it to recognize, it just takes a while.

(I work w/ both a Panasonic AG-DVC30 and a PV-GS320 and both of 'em work just fine in downloading the video; sometimes though, like I said, it can take a bit for Avid to recognize them.)

Network Sponsors

Back