PLAN YOUR CAMERA ANGLES AT HOME BASE BEFORE LEAVING ON A FILM SHOOT.

Camera-storyboard

I’m a Car Photographer for Advertising Agencies. My Production’s influenced me in developing an app for laying out camera angles over any Google earth picture of your location on a computer desktop, or a Drone shot of a location. I plan my shots & entire production with it.

It’s called, Camera-storyboard

Locate camera positions, sun positions, lighting, notes, talent, and more. Get this! …Your camera angles labeled on an Architectural drawing or a pencil sketch. Architectural Photographers can label the sun positions thru windows on a drawing. Locate and label all camera moves on a movie set including talent and equipment needed. Making notes is really neat! Move the individual notes around on the Google Earth picture for reference to each section. Weather reports for the shoot and GPS notes. All on one picture. Print it, or e-mail it to the Client and Crew, or all the students in a workshop.
NO MORE TRYING TO FIND THOSE SCRIBBLED NOTES!
To see the app. HOME or type it in your browser.

youtube -

I shot cars, trucks, people and things out of Detroit for several years. The alphabet soup agencies, BBDO, JWT, Y&R, what used to be FCB, Camp Bellywald, too. ( Campbell Ewald ). Couple of years ago, I was at Apache Junction doing second wave adds for Chevy. Night we wrapped, the rains came to the Valley of the Sun. Roads flooding. Bridges awash. Sky Harbor shuttered. Thing is, I realized then I was glad I couldn’t get back to Motown. Glad! I knew then I’d be moving west soon. Look, don’t get me wrong. I’ll still shoot sheet metal in the shadow of the Superstition’s for anybody, gladly imbue it with soul. But I’m also living for mornings on the crest of a ridge shivering, waiting for the washes across the arroyo to come alive in the dawn. Catching seamed and craggy cowpoke faces smiling through wind - tunneled squints. Stuff even rusts different out here. An old Ford pickup’s patina reads the same on my light meter as the blueing on the barrel of a Mr. Colts cap and ball .44 Navys. I survey the relics of Modernism along Route 66. Abandoned streamlined gas stations with stucco speed lines brought to a sad, silent stop by time and the interstates.

The West is still a song most anywhere you look. “I play it on my Brownie.”

Thankyou for your time

Dick Reed

Network Sponsors

Back