Noir Webseries Picture Trailer(experimental)

Swati Panda

Name
Swati Panda
Date
26 October 2022
Hello all. I am posting a picture trailer of my upcoming Noir Webseries "Bouquet of Lies" in which I have acted , directed, edited, written. It had received the best original screenplay award - Critics from Uruvatti International Film Festival 2021.Do check out Heisenberg Films for more videos related to this series. Advance thanks to all members of this group who keep on motivating me to make better cinema. This is an experimental picture trailer- a collection or collage of noir photos from the series. I will upload many more videos related to the series soon. For creating this , I have used a single source of light and used a dark room with very less natural light entering in the room. Tried using some haunting music , mystery music and sfx, jazz typically associated with Noir. Here the character of Akira is named after the great Akira Kurosawa whom I respect and love a lot. Akira is a crazy, unpredictable , vulnerable, impulsive woman. I was inspired by watching a lot of old classic Noir films and wanted to learn the art of black and white lighting, editing and creating mystery using acting, sound effects. Black and white has always enticed me. The best way of learning filmmaking is by making films.

Last edited:
The picture at 0:28 is my favorite. You look very dangerous there :D

You are a very creative person and you are not afraid to try new things. This is the trailer but when will the movie be ready?
Thanks a lot Oskar. I am editing it. It will be out very soon. I will upload it here. Yes I constantly want to do new stuffs and explore more. And I learn a lot while doing only. I am not concerned about making mistakes or gaining views. I love the process.

Actually its fun shooting film with cheap budget or zero budget. There is no pressure , nothing to prove to anyone, no tension of recovering your money and you can think like a scientist and find cheap alternatives.

I can't wait to see the final movie! :D

This is the second trailer- Introducing another character James.- Dark, Broody, Byronic,mysterious, cunning. The layers of pics in photos denote his personality which has many layers to it like layers of onion that can be peeled and known slowly.

For some reason, now I have the song "dangerous woman" stuck inside my head. In my imagionation, you are the super hero James Bond woman that fights the bad guys with a gun. How far am I from the actual plot?

All these experiences will also turn yourself into a good actress, aside from being a good filmmaker! Would you mind telling us a bit more about this Noir project of yours?

I am a big fan of noir films, crime thrillers, novels, fiction, mysteries. So I wanted to make one since a long time. I finally mustered the courage to write my first screenplay. Then I printed it and held it my hand. It was a great feeling. I can't reveal the plot much but it is very much about psychological manipulation between three characters and how it propels further action. Noir films have very twisted plots, so does this film has lot of twists and turns and action sequences are there alongwith some emotional scenes. I had to go through a lot of pain to make this. It was my dream project . I wanted to spend money and all and make it big, but everything fell apart. I took a break,, made other short films and eventually I decided to do it anyhow with my own available resources .

Lighting is a very important factor for a noir film. I had researched a lot about this. The black and white combination, shadows, half lit faces make the characters very mysterious. Where no body is trusting the other and unexpected happens. More you experiment with lighting the better the film looks. Also sound effects, music are important. I put music and then think how it feels like or should allow the other person to feel something not force them with too loud music. Single point light sources helps, barndoor lighting allows to play with the light effects, hard lights give heavy shadows

Alongwith acting skills I am learning how to convert a screenplay into images, how to do lighting, how to handle actors, shoot, cinematography of a noir film, do storyboarding, many more . So its a very enriching experience for me as a director. Most importantly I am learning how to make a film in a limited budget and with whatever I have with me.

Network Sponsors

Back