Noir film : When she enters into a destructive world

Swati Panda

Name
Swati Panda
Date
16 March 2023
I have been making this noir series " Bouquet Of Lies" since a long time and it is very tiring, depressing at times. And I feel negative and exhausted at times. Having to shoulder all the responsibilities of this film can be a daunting task but perhaps universe is preparing me for a bigger journey. Maybe someday I will have a bigger team to help me out. Creating a dark movie might make you gloomy and melancholic. However, dabbling in every aspect of a movie really increases your hold and knowledge of filmmaking. The lighting of this sequence was very tough for me and I researched a lot but I am realising how I am growing every day. Editing is very tedious task. On a positive note, recently I had screened "Catharsis" at a film festival offline and I got a good response.

I have acted for Akira and she represents a crazy, emotional, vulnerable as well as guarded side. A person who can pretend to be tough to protect her inner vulnerabilty but fails to do so . I had thought about Akira a lot and it's exciting to see her alive. I gave her name from my all time favourite director Akira Kurosawa's name.
James, I had imagined as someone mysterious and machiavellian. I had approached a couple of actors who kind of duped me at the last minute and another one rejected me straightaway in an extremely rude manner questioning my abilities. I don't know if every female filmmaker goes through this shit. Thankfully I found the actor pretty close to me, he is a known person and hopped in with generosity, without any questions and has been doing very good. I learnt a lesson that it's always better to cast people who trust you and you can trust them completely, esply when you are starting out and you don't have any official contracts with the actor. That is more important than talent and skill of an actor. We need someone who will follow our instructions, remain loyal, cheerful despite difficulties, take up the responsibilities of a film along with the director and not vanish suddenly.

RECAP: In previous episodes of "Bouquet of Lies" we saw a double murder happens, then an unknown stranger in hoodie gives a call to police about the murder case. The man with a muffler suddenly gets up from death and tries hard to reach to the door knob but fails and dies. In this episode, a young girl walks inside a room for an interview. Who is she? And who is the mysterious interviewer?

"What's the point of asking me personal questions?" - I like the attitude!

I can figure out how hard you worked on this after seeing your previous posts as well. You are putting a lot of effort and each video is better than the previous one. I would have a small suggestion for improvement, if I may. The sound - when you stop speaking, there is a "silent pause". You could try adding some background music to mask it. Or some static noise that is not too disturbing. You could record a silent room and add it as a track. Aside from this, the quality of your voice is very clear.

I can figure out how hard you worked on this after seeing your previous posts as well. You are putting a lot of effort and each video is better than the previous one. I would have a small suggestion for improvement, if I may. The sound - when you stop speaking, there is a "silent pause". You could try adding some background music to mask it. Or some static noise that is not too disturbing. You could record a silent room and add it as a track. Aside from this, the quality of your voice is very clear.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Will work on them.

Network Sponsors

Back