new error message

KGB

Hi,
got kind of a long story here. if anyone is able to help, please keep in mind that i'm fairly new to avid...
and i'm using avid express pro hd.
so the whole problem start with this error message that would keep popping up, usually when i was shutting down avid: Exception: omfiHPDomain_INIT_Failed,file;msmMMOB.mdb
Exception: omfiHPDomain_Bad_Magic
when i would reopen the project, anything new that i had created or imported, would be offline.
i read through a couple of forums and got the information that i should go in a delete the offending msmMMOB.mdb files, which i did. now, when i open avid and the project in avid that i am working on, it comes up with this message Exception: unsupported resolution. all of the clips are there and it lets you scroll through the timeline, but when you try to play it, that error message comes up...
i had the project backed-up on an external drive, so i brought that back in and it still comes up with the error message. if i open other projects in avid, they work fine...
any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Never seen that... have you tried reinstalling the software?

alright, so I reinstalled avid and that took care of the original problem, but has created a new one: 1) for almost all of the audio 1 channel is offline and
2) when i try to open about half of the bins it come up with this message "unable to open file. file does not contain a valid avid domain header"
also, I'm not sure, but i think that this might be part of the problem: the OMFI files are copied onto 3 different internal drives, on of which is the drive that all of the software operates off of...i realize this is a mistake, but i realised it too late. so, when reinstalled avid and it was rebuilding the database files it had a few files that it was unable to scan and the came up with this message: EXCEPTION: Disk_Access_Denied
an error occured validating the media directory:C:\OMFI Media Files.
The C drive is the aforementioned on that the computer's operating system is on.
So that's that. I'm at a loss.

Are you sure it's not a problem with the drive? You might want to run scandisk (or whatever it's called these days) to ensure there isn't some disk corruption.

I think in theory you can also copy the audio and video files to another disk, delete the database file and have Avid recreate it on startup.

Network Sponsors

Back