Never Fear, The Super Cool Dude Known as the Gopher is Here~

Never Fear, The Super Cool Dude Known as the Gopher is Here~

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definetly Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Gopher

Okay, short time lurker, first time poster. I'm new to the board. (well, duh.) I've started a new under taking, amateur filming (woops, I guess you'd figured that out already too.) I'm currently in the pre-production stages of a film (you guessed it, my first. Boy, you sure are smart.) Anyway, I've got a ton of questions, but I thought introducing my self here first should help get some of the answers I'm looking for. So, thanks a bunch in advance.
I've got a ton of questions, and I'm looking forward to learning more about this art form, and the people behind it. My first real question, which is pretty general, but helpful none the less.
What is the most important/helpful piece of information you wish you had know the first time you filmed a movie. And again, Muchas Gracies en avance.

Fortunately I had a moderately experienced crew for my first short. Probably the most important thing they taught me was to get the pre-production done right: if everything is organised and you've planned for the most likely problems (e.g. bad weather), then everything should go pretty well and you'll only have to work around the unexpected problems (like having our vans vandalised the night before the shoot and the lead actor dropping out at the last minute).

The worst shoot by far that I worked on was at a film school with a producer who'd done very little pre-production work at all, to the extent that we didn't even have food on set until we'd been working for about eight hours...

Welcome to the forums Gopher...and yes, you are the coolest by far 8)
I agree with Mark G, a thorough pre-production/previsualization phase is imperative. Without it, you could easily end up doubling or tripling the amount of time and money on the production, thereby depleting your resources before the project has even been completed.

GoodGosh, are there only four people here?

GoodGosh, are there only four people here?

50 views and four replies, good gracious, stop cliking and start typeing.
Drop in, say hi. I don't bite........often.

Network Sponsors

Back