Need Timecode display help, Quick!

I

ImageBrew

Hey guys-

I just got a short notice gig for tomorrow morning, and my client asked that I record the timecode directly onto the tape so they can make notes during playback. How do I do this?

I shoot on a Panasonic DVX-100A and can't find the answer anywhere online or in the manual. Ideas? I'll be shooting while the camera is connected to a monitor and deck and we'll just record onto a VHS tape. They want the Timecode to display on the master DV and recorded VHS tape. I know it's easy to add visible timecode in post but he wants the tape directly after the interview so they can use the shoot as a crtique for the subject.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.

Are you talking about making it part of the picture? If you do that, you can't take it out, it's burned into the picture, and you'll either have to crop it out, or hide it some otehr way. Whatever you playback the miniDV tape one, it should display the encoded timecode for you, either on screen, or on a display on the deck, without you ahveing to acutally make it part of the picture.

Yes I need it to be burned in as part of the picture, and it's ok that I won't be able to remove it. But how do I put it there while shooting and not in post?

Thanks

I'd imagine that it's not possible, since it's not something that most people would ever desire. Try posting on the dvx user forums (don't know the address, just google it) if you haven't already.

Network Sponsors

Back