Need DVD copy software!

I

isaias

Hi guys,
I want to make extra copies of my wedding DVD video to share with my family and friends but I want to make them as the original one. Is there any software which copy entire DVD with the quality like the original one?
Thanks for help in advance!

You don't need any extra software to do this. Video DVDs are simply regular Data DVDs with the appropriate files on them.

Insert your wedding video DVD, open it, you'll see two folders, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Make a folder on your desktop and copy these two folders from the wedding DVD into it. You will need both, for sure, even though there is nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder. You still need that empty folder!

Then eject your wedding video, insert a blank DVD. When the Mac spins it up and sees that it's blank, it'll prompt you with what to do with it. Simply let it open with the Finder. It will then mount on your desktop like a regular DVD.

Drag And Drop your AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders into the blank DVD. In a finder window, you'll see the blank Untitled DVD has a little radiation warning symbol next to it. That is actually the "burn button". Click it, give the DVD a name, set it for 8x speed to write, and wait.

That's all there is to it.

NOTE: This will not work for copy protected commercial DVDs, and duplicating copyright protected material is highly ILLEGAL and steals money from the folks who made it. Only copy DVDs you have a legal right to copy!

Actually, the method I described make an exact duplicate, no quality loss at all. There's no need to waste time on "DVD copying" software.

The only time you'd need extra software is if you wanted to "extract" the video from the DVD to edit.

But to make a simple copy, the method I describe is the fastest, and makes an EXACT duplicate, NO quality loss, as you are using the exact same files form the original, untouched.

DVD Cloner V and software like it is a waste of time, to be brutally honest, UNLESS you're making copies of copy-protected commercially "replicated" DVDs. Simple "duplications", use the Mac OS X Finder. Nothing is faster, nothing gives you the exact quality, so why "buy" software you really don't need?

Network Sponsors

Back