my PC can not play my footage?

johnny13th

Hi guys and girls,

I have just bought a new JVC HD camera and have a load of questions.

I have tried to watch my footage back on my old dell notebook using the evario software that came with it but it wont play smoothly.

I think it is my pc.

I am wanting to get a new desk top made up but im not sure of what I need to get in order to have the power etc to edit my movies.

any info to point me in the right direction would be great!

Johnny:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any new desk top that you buy, even just stock from Best Buy, is going to come with enough power and memory to handle the video you want to upload. If you are going the PC route, I recommend HP. It's what I work on, and I've never had problems with the computer handling video workload. It's two years old.

"any new desktop" is not really true, especially if you go with a flavor of HD. You need enough RAM, most computers don't have enough RAM stock to do video editing. 4GB min, 8GB preferred, 16+ ideally, because you'll have more than one post production app open at a time. You need fast enough hard drives, many come with cheaper 5700rpm drives that won't work. You need 7200rpm SATA drives. And your monitor is vital, also. Shop around. Any flavor of HD will place high demands on your hardware, especially HDV's Long-GOP format, which I think your JVC uses.

Network Sponsors

Back