my new superhero screenplay

jclester

Here is the new superhero screenplay: The Return of Stone Yeager. An R- Rated Superhero screenplay with President of the United States as the villain.

this was budgeted at $8,000,000 Feel free to send the screenplay to whomever you want. Visit the website: www.thereturnofstoneyeager.com

This story is set up as a franchise. Stone Yeager as an R-Rated - comedy action James Bond.

I'm looking to pay for action comedy producers to read the script and tell me their thoughts. Also looking for a new agent who works with screenwriters.

If you want a paper copy of the screenplay you can just call me and I'll overnight you one. My number is on the title page.

Thanks. -JCL

Attachments

• The Return of Stone Yeager-L.pdf
    757.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
One of Stone's movies from the 70's. You can see other posters from Stone's filmography on the screenplay website.

Attachments

• CRAZY CROOKS  BIG TOKYO final.jpg
    CRAZY CROOKS BIG TOKYO final.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 154
Welcome to the forums, Jeffrey. Are your short films on youtube? You can share them in the Filmmakers Global Network if you'd like:

I have a YouTube channel with some shorts I've written and directed- name of the Channel is "Jeffrey Charles Lester"

Here is a link to a five minute short titled- Harry's Last Day

I'm running into a strange problem on your website. If I sign in with my username and password at the studentfilmmakers front page I get a login error message. i have to go into my email and click on the original account confirmation email to get to this forums page. unclear what I am doing wrong? because of this issue I'm running into a problem linking my YouTube videos to your "videos" forum.

I wrote and directed the shorts late last year. Last week I was finally able to figure out how to get one of my shorts on IMDB- so I'm on IMDB now as writer/director Jeffrey Charles Lester. The short listed on IMDB is also on my youtube account- Documentary on the 1970's British Band Icon- CHLAMYDIA. will try to get the other videos listed on IMDB hopefully next week. -JCL

Hi Jeff,
I've been in the business end of writing and producing in Hollywood for a while now, so I'm going to give you some hard but real advice.
No Producer is going to sign an NDA to read your script. If I sign your NDA, all the elements in your script are off limits to me forevermore, or you'll sue me. Your script can't be better than my career. However, you will sign a Liability Release or no legit Producer will touch your script. Again, I read your script, you'll sue me in the future if I don't have a Signed Release.
And nobody's going to steal your script. They might con you out of it with a complicated contract if you're not smart enough to get a lawyer (did I say "might"? Scratch that--will), but even if your script is the greatest script ever written, so is that guy's, and that woman's over there. And six people around the corner. This is Hollywood, and EVERYBODY has the greatest script ever written, and they all want me to read it. I have the 12 greatest scripts ever written on my desk right now. I don't need to go looking for unsolicited material on the net. But if I did, I'd go to a listing service like Inktip or virtual pitch or somewhere, so I hope you're listed on a few.
Also, it's unclear what you want. Are you looking for $8 mil plus to make a film or are you trying to sell a script?

thanks for the message- its interesting talking to different experts you get different points of advice- certainly the entertainment lawyers shudder when I suggest I just send people my screenplay without asking for an NDA- their stance seems to be "why pay me if you aren't going to take my advice-I know what I'm talking about" However over the last 2 years with Stone Yeager I have read and heard bad advice on different issues from various sources - so I have to take a lot of things I hear and see worth a grain of salt. I'm sure you are likely right on this. the screenplay website verbiage will be updated to have mention of an NDA removed. any thoughts if its better to have the screenplay on a PDF file for anyone to read? ----regarding the mention of the production budget for the script- usually those involved with the script/story and production companies want to know how much- ballpark the movie would cost to make. thanks again. Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I've been in the business end of writing and producing in Hollywood for a while now, so I'm going to give you some hard but real advice.
No Producer is going to sign an NDA to read your script. If I sign your NDA, all the elements in your script are off limits to me forevermore, or you'll sue me. Your script can't be better than my career. However, you will sign a Liability Release or no legit Producer will touch your script. Again, I read your script, you'll sue me in the future if I don't have a Signed Release.
And nobody's going to steal your script. They might con you out of it with a complicated contract if you're not smart enough to get a lawyer (did I say "might"? Scratch that--will), but even if your script is the greatest script ever written, so is that guy's, and that woman's over there. And six people around the corner. This is Hollywood, and EVERYBODY has the greatest script ever written, and they all want me to read it. I have the 12 greatest scripts ever written on my desk right now. I don't need to go looking for unsolicited material on the net. But if I did, I'd go to a listing service like Inktip or virtual pitch or somewhere, so I hope you're listed on a few.
Also, it's unclear what you want. Are you looking for $8 mil plus to make a film or are you trying to sell a script?
thanks for the message- its interesting talking to different experts you get different points of advice- certainly the entertainment lawyers shudder when I suggest I just send people my screenplay without asking for an NDA- their stance seems to be "why pay me if you aren't going to take my advice-I know what I'm talking about" However over the last 2 years with Stone Yeager I have read and heard bad advice on different issues from various sources - so I have to take a lot of things I hear and see worth a grain of salt. I'm sure you are likely right on this. the screenplay website verbiage will be updated to have mention of an NDA removed. any thoughts if its better to have the screenplay on a PDF file for anyone to read? ----regarding the mention of the production budget for the script- usually those involved with the script/story and production companies want to know how much- ballpark the movie would cost to make. thanks again. Jeff

Network Sponsors

Back