Superhero film!!!!!

mocks

I have an idea of making a movie of superhero, which combined the element from Avengers, Kick-Ass and Jian Bing Man. I want it to contained the 'ensemble' of avengers, they have different type of superheroes and a lot of elements. I want it to contain the realism from kick-ass, it contains the change of teenagers during adolescent, and the superhero have no super power, no money,but he has justice. Jian Bing Man is a comedy film about a young man call Da Peng who wanna make a superhero film to reach his hero dream and director dream. I want to contain the comedy elements from it to my film. At the same time, considering about the marketing, I'll create a brand new Chinese superhero, which can attract a lot of audiences from China, because China is a big market for films. What do you guys think about it ? :confused:Can I have some feed back please? :confused:Thank you very much.;):D

I think the number one thing to have for your film, in any market, is to nail your concept. Make sure you can tell the entire story summed up into one sentence. If you can't then you probably need to develop the idea a little more. Once your concept is nailed you can start showing it to more people to find out if it is hooking them or not.

Some examples of how you can prepare your concept - also referred to as the log-line.

1) Who the story is about (protagonist) 2) What he strives for (goal) 3) What stands in his way (antagonistic force or opposition)

another way I've heard studios like to hear it:

Movie X is the story of what happens to someone when something they prayed would never happen, happens.

The danger of having an ensemble cast in the first movie is you risk it getting super confusing. The Avengers characters each had origin stories before they were put together in an ensemble, so we knew a bit about their backstory before the movie began.

I would start, though, by working your concept into a one liner/one sentence.

Hope that helps.

Network Sponsors

Back