Mr. & Mrs. Smith & my opinion (possible SPOILER)

jodymichelle

Staff member
Went to see "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with some friends this past Saturday night.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were absolutely gorgeous (needless to say) and hilarious. The storyline was so fun, and the actors were so great.

Once in a blue moon, I'll look someone up in IMDb, but I immediately knew that the character, Jade, Associate #2, was played by Jennifer Morrison. And who's that? Movie buffs, especially horror movie buffs, would know that she played the ghost in the movie, "Stir of Echoes," with Kevin Bacon. "And why or how would you notice that?" friends and sibling asked, not in unison.

True, when you watch "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" you'll feel and continuously want to glue your eyes on the two main characters. But I found my eyes shifting to Jennifer Morrison whenever she appeared in a scene because she played the ghost in "Stir of Echoes" so well... If "Stir of Echoes" happens to appear on TV, I still have to turn a couple of lights on even though I've watched the movie about a hundred times and know the ending, of course.

Back to "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," ... go watch it in the theatre if you haven't yet. I haven't read or heard any of the reviews, but I loved the movie, loved how the love story was told in this comedy, and very much appreciated the character development of the main characters.

Oh, Adam Brody was also in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and was great. (Adam Brody from "The O.C.," ... Yes, a lot of people don't follow "The O.C." much like working people like me, but strangely I watched several episodes during one of the series' marathons but only because I'm a fan of Peter Gallagher.)

Adam Brody is such a good actor and memorable even in very small parts like the character he played in the horror movie, "The Ring," one of my favorite horror movies. The images of that demonic girl-thing, Samara, also still scares me to this day even though I've seen "The Ring" about a hundred times. The scene where she crawled out of the television set should have comforted me that her images wouldn't haunt me in my sleep being that the scene was almost too fantastical as in "fantasy". But I remember that scene was done so well that, yes, it has haunted me in the middle of the night. Special effects overload, negative; lack of effects, negative.

I know, how could a cute girl who's just an actor acting in a horror movie scare me? ... It was her character, okay? Those were some creepy images. And that's what horror movie people and writers want to accomplish, right? Mission accomplished.

A couple more things about the movie, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." In every scene with Vince Vaughn, you will cackle long and loud at least twice if not more. Also, if you easily get irritated by loud rooting, the softer chitter chatter of voices, or conversations at regular talking voice level while watching movies at the theatre - (I know, noise is expected especially if the movie has a lot of comedy and action) - anyway, go to that special "quieter" theatre you go to in that particular town at that particular time of the day on that particular day, days after the opening because if you don't, I could almost guarantee that you'll be amongst crowds of people howling and salivating over Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. But if you can't avoid 'em, join 'em.

Network Sponsors

Back