Mother's Day: Animated film about women's education

Swati Panda

After a long break from making films, esp with so much of hassles of finding actors, I decided to just make a film anyhow and express my thoughts about the things I want to improve in society using my art and creativity. Animation is best for directors who are like helpless- in finding funds or actors. So I made this animated film about how mothers are very sacrificing many times. Yet we all can support her and help her take up her career and become financially independent. It's a very simple film with a deep message.

You are sending a very powerful message through this video. It would be really nice if more families would be this supportive to all of their family members.

As a child, I used to want to be involved and support my mother with household chores. It wasn't much but the least I could do was clean after myself so she wouldn't have to. I also learned to cook my own meals when I grew up and this helped me as an adult, too. Because you don't live with your mom forever. Moms are great but we have to be responsible and not suffocate them by being spoiled.

My mother had to do all these and also work a full-time job. My father didn't helped her around the house. I don't think it's fair that one person does everything while the other person does only half of it. I would never do this to my wife. I think that slowly, things are changing.

After a long break from making films, esp with so much of hassles of finding actors, I decided to just make a film anyhow and express my thoughts about the things I want to improve in society using my art and creativity. Animation is best for directors who are like helpless- in finding funds or actors. So I made this animated film about how mothers are very sacrificing many times. Yet we all can support her and help her take up her career and become financially independent. It's a very simple film with a deep message.
How long did it take you to create this animation and what software did you use? The message is empowering.

If I ever get married, this is how I wish my family would look like: happy, supportive and peaceful.

Network Sponsors

Back