Looking for online help with digital cinematography...

T

TheNewDay P

I'm looking for websites, using google, that will provide tutorials and other tips for shooting, editing, etc.. Does anyone know of any helpful websites for this topic? Thanks.

Some things are probably better learned (and easier to read) from books rather than websites, anything that requires a lot of text to explain.

Sorry, I forgot... :oops:
Kim knows my intentions, I'm not advertising or selling anything, just trying to assist the original post.

:idea:
I think we should probably start a link directory, subdivided into threads/categories, for general info., cinematography, directing, writing, etc.
This way, if someone were to ask similar questions, all we'd have to do is point them to the directory.
What do you think :?:

We sell advertisement to stay alive

We sell advertisement to stay alive

The main reason I don't like people just posting link though is that it encourages others to think it is ok to just post links as will.
Some pople sign in and post one time. They post a link to their site and they are gone.

We have a resource section that is a links page. We want reciprocal links for a link or we want money for sites to be posted there. Can you ask your favorite sites if they will link to us? I don't know why they won't. I think they think we don't get any traffic.

I will post any link to a decent site in our resource section that will give us a link of equal placement on their site.

A. Posting links make people think it is ok to post links at will when they see others posting links at will
B. If these sites link to us we will add them in the right section
C. You can PM links to people you feel really would benifit from them
D. We want people to make this forum home

Truly
Kim

But isn't one of the reasons for a filmmakers forum is to provide practical information? I don't see why if the info is on the Kodak site, for example -- let's say, the question is about travelling with film and dealing with an airport x-ray machine -- I shouldn't post the link to it. I could privately email someone that link but then the forum at large doesn't get the benefit.

People will come to this site if they feel it is a speedy way of learning something, and one of the ways of informing people is passing a link on to them.

The Grey Area

The Grey Area

I'm shooting during the weekend of the ASC Awards Banquet and Open House, but have a good time and say hello to everyone!

LINKS

LINKS

Ok, I copied the 26 links that Jacob posted before I deleted them. They do seem to be very good links. I am going to see if the sites will exchange links with us and even if they don't I will find a place for them in the resource section on Monday morning. I will just try to give better positions to those that do link to us I guess. If anyone has suggestions as to how to handle this let me know.

Truly
Kim

Where are you shooting at?

Where are you shooting at?

Where are you shooting at? Is it HD or film?

Kim

I'm shooting "Akeelah and the Bee" for Lions Gate, an indie film about a spelling bee. Not a documentary but similar in subject matter to "Spellbound."

I'm shooting in 35mm Panavision anamorphic using Kodak Vision-2 stocks, but we have a little HD to shoot to be cut with some HD footage shot at last year's National Spelling Bee. That footage will have to be transferred to film.

i didn't know we weren't allowed to post links on this forum..I posted a link to my film's website..is that ok? Or were you just talking about other forums? I agree that it doesn't contribute that much when ppl who just post their link and leave...but sometimes it's a good link! :D

Network Sponsors

Back