Length of a typical webisode

JeffGoudreau

What length would you recommend for a straight up free webisode? I am trying to plan how I am going to put things together with this summers project. Im creating a bunch of creative outlining (likely a technical term for this) for each topic or episode and Im trying to imagine the better ways to unleash things. For example. I want to create an episode for specific fishing tactics I use. Pretty easy to outline these as they are pretty well all different :)I am wondering if I should break every little thing up. Like have 'tips and tricks' separate(4mins), separate scripts about a product separate(2mins), actual fishing techniques(10 mins) separate or try to put it all together in one episode kinda thing? What does your schooling teach you on this kinda stuff regarding the web?
If I put them all together what time block should I shoot for maximum? I appreciate your time :)

very cool. I like this fiver link. Thanks. I am rethinking my thoughts pertaining to length of episode and believe the longer the better. I can really give good meat that way. I just have to create a bit of distraction through the outline to keep folks interested. Thanks for your time James.

Consider standard length for other formats. 1 hour TV shows are 40-50 minutes, feature film is 80-100 minutes, and sitcoms are 15-20. A 30-60 minute web episode is very long. Can you hold their attention?

Webisodes should be as long as the story can hold their attention. A very popular and critically praised web series, RCVR, had 12 minute episodes. http://youtu.be/ylu-uCR4ZZI

Notice the structure? An opening hook and an ending hook. It brings them in and keeps them coming back.

Network Sponsors

Back