learning to shoot with film

pinky-and-clyde

Hi,

I'm a freshman in film school, and in the past six or so months, I've become very interested in vintage cameras and shooting on film, editing it, general stuff about film cameras, etc. Basically everything that goes with shooting on film.

My school has great resources for digital filming, but I really want to learn this too. I found out my school does teach a class about it all, but considering all of the insane prerequisites and that it's only taught once a year, best case scenario is that I take it at the end of my junior year. I don't think that's really fair, but there's not really anything I can do about it.

I've been trying to find tutorials or websites that could help me learn, but no matter what combination of keywords I try, almost nothing relevant comes up. I can find plenty of stuff on film photography, but almost nothing for film. (I have a friend who goes to a different film school, and he's also tried searching google, and he says he's gotten similar results.)

So basically my question is: does anyone know of websites or articles that could help me?

Network Sponsors

Back