Jackpack? Canon xl h1 and xh a1

seroe

hi

im looking at the xh a1, and aside from interchangable lenses, it says the only main difference between the xl h1 and the xh a1 is that the latter doesnt have the jackpack, and ability to apply timecode in certain shooting.

can someone explain please - wat is the jackpack, and what are advantages in the xl h1, would i need them?

also - does the xh al have the ability to change factors such as black crush and gamma, as in all cameras in the xl range?

i am still trying to decide between the xh al and the xl2, and i need to decide quickly to not miss out on the great deal with the xl2 and lens adaptor etc etc...
thanks

XH A1 vs XL H1

XH A1 vs XL H1

Hi,

I am in the process of getting an XH A1, and have been doing a lot of research on this camera. You would not need the Jack pack feature unless you are planning to shoot with multiple cameras. The jack pack feature allows more than one camera to be synched in terms of timecode. I have been in touch with many professional event videographers and the majority of them suggested I get the XH A1. It is the best camera in its price range, and offers a lot of custom settings, as well as endless image settings such as gamma, knee, pedestal, etc. The one feature the XH A1 did not have that I was interested in was timelapse, and 720. I hope this helps you out.

Paul

Network Sponsors

Back