In need of advice

andre

Hi. I'm a soon to be eighteen-year old guy living in Montreal Canada. Currently, I'm in my first year of Cegep (it's a pre-college/college program exclusive to Quebec and it's equivalent to grade 12-13) and I'm studying cinema and communications. In about a year and a half I will graduate from this program and I will attend University. Now here's where I need some guidance. I wish to go to a Film University in the states. Can anyone tell me, especially those who are in University in the US, how I should go about doing this? Which ones should I have my eye on? What should my portfolio be comprised off? At this moment, I have no films worth showcasing but I will be making some in Cegep. Also, I intend to make my own personal films. Would that be enough? Sorry for all the questions lol. I am just a little confused and if anyone could offer any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Look at the three states doing the most film/broadcast production. In order, they are: California, New York, Louisiana. ULL in Lafayette Louisiana is about to open a state of the art film school that should be really nice, as well as UNO, Dillard, and others. NY and CA have great film schools in some universities, as well. But CA, NY, LA, are the three top markets for film production in the U.S.

Ok, I will look into schools in these states more thoroughly. I already was researching but uncertain where to fully concentrate due to the many schools and possibilities. I'd like to thank you for replying to this topic which I thought had been long forgotten. There is so much for me to consider about film university. Does anyone know what I should be including in a portfolio I submit to a University or does it differ in what they are looking for. Anyway, I'll look into it more. Thanks again.

PLEASE realize I'm partial to Louisiana, being born and raised, if you didn't already guess...

So always take what I, or any one else says, with a grain of salt.

I hope other users will chime in here about their experiences!

Great Schools Are Everywhere!
Find What Works For You!

Question Authority And Think For Yourself!

Network Sponsors

Back