I'm sure and easy audio fix, but...???!!

jayg

First my system-
FCP 4.5 HD
1.8 dual Processor
23" screen
Sound Stix speakers
no mixer

The glitch: cannot hear audio when in the capture mode when scrubbing for setting in points-outpoints. The video is there, but no audio. The audio meters on the screen show it is receiving audio, and was able to listen to it a few weeks ago, but,, gremlins in the system.
HELP!!!! tx Jay

Noobie question:

Are your speakers/headphones turned up so that you can hear the audio? Also check your computer's built-in audio control.

Nexus said:
Noobie question:

Are your speakers/headphones turned up so that you can hear the audio? Also check your computer's built-in audio control.

Yes, all audio is working and up. THe captured material is heard fine thru the speakers. Just when scrubbing in ther capture mode is when I cannot here it. tx Jay

Capture Sound

Capture Sound

Ok, here is another idea.

Choose Edit > Preferences, click on the capture tab, click on audio. On the right wide of the window you should see "Speaker"--make sure it is set for the speaker to be on while recording.

By the way, this is from Lisa Brenneis' Final Cut Pro for Macintosh, an excellent reference. I just bought the same book rewritten for HDV.

Good luck. JimT

Network Sponsors

Back