I need some help in choosing a Film School in the USA

R

rdegracia

I need some help in choosing a Film School for a 1 year program on cinematography...

AFI? UCLA? NY Film School? LA Film School? etc...?

money/cuality/experience balanced???

Well, unless someone went to multiple film schools, they can only compare them based on heresay, rumor, some distant observation. I went to CalArts and don't feel qualified to say how the other schools are, other than many have excellent instructors.

If you're not interested in a 4-year BA degree or a 3-year MFA degree, then a school like AFI might be a good choice (2-year AA degree I believe.)

You might check out the book "Film School Confidential". It gives a great low-down on all of the top film schools in the U.S. I too went to CalArts and the book was spot on about it, so I'm sure the rest are accurate as well. Personally, I loved my CalArts experience, but it is the type of school where the student has to be very self motivated to get the most out of the program.

Dan Selakovich
www.DVcameraRigs.com

Vancouver Film School

Vancouver Film School

Does anyone have any informnation/opinions about the Vancouver Film School. I am seriously considering attending this school. TX
MB

the VFS is stricktly technical....

well thats what I hear...

if you are the artistic type, the Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema, in Montreal is going to help you develope those skills. But if you just want to know how to work camera etc..

I herd that school was perfect for that!

GL!

la film school

la film school

the la film school is a year long and has the top technical program out there, they're teachers are working in the field and also teach at nyc, usc, and afi

Network Sponsors

Back