I CANT DECIDE...

I

ithrowcraze72

I cant decide wether to get a sony vx 2200, A canon gl2, or a jvc gy 300u.

Please help me out.

I have worked with all three brands, not necessarily the specific camera, but the brand. 50|\|Y has been my favorite so far, but Canon also has great picture quality, but has a bad rep for breaking quite often. The JVC cam I worked with had very poor picture quality and felt as if the wntire thing could be broken if squeezed too hard, but then again it was an "economic camera." I have heard great things about the Picture quality on the JVC, but haven't had the chance to mess around with it myself. My vote goes to 50|\|Y, but the real choice is up to you.

I was in a similar dilema. I was deciding between a ag-dvc30, and the GY-DV300u. I would recommend against the JVC. My biggest problem I found after I did some research, was that the mic on the Jvc is MONAURAL!!! It records MONO. That means that you know those extra XLR ports they 'give' you? You basically have to use them if you want stereo sound (sound out of 2 speakers). That also means you have to have an extra microphone to hook up to that xlr port, and someone or something to hold that mic. You can't record in just mono, or your sound will have no depth. I've done my research, and I would go with the vx-2100 if you want good low-light performance, and the cannon if you want solid optics. Both are good cameras. Go to www.epinions.com to see what people thought of those two cameras. There's a good review for the JVC, but they were probobly a professional filmmaker who could AFFORD an extra mic, and had the extra MANPOWER to maintain that mic. Good luch.

Network Sponsors

Back