Help with filtres!!

jooorgen

Hey I'm new here. I'm danish and therefore not so familiar with english terms.

Anyway, I would really like to know what is that filtre-thing, that makes it look like an old surfer movie from california (as seen in the intro sequence in Californiacation), is called??

PLEASE HELP :D

Thanks in advance!

Super 8 californication

Super 8 californication

the intro here looks like they were trying to copy the undying super 8 camera look[/URL] which would first require a matte or garbage matte to create the limits around the footage. then lowering the framerate in post or using an automator to remove every 3rd frame should work to get that jumpy look. Then speed up the footage slightly (helps the jumpy look again). then maybe apply sepia colour filter, old timey filter (or whatever it's equivalent is like bad film or sometimes bad tv) then do a black and white tint but not completely: the super 8 did capture colour, just not good colour. I work in after effects so this is all coming from there but it should give you an idea of what to do or look for in other programs. Also might be a good idea to overlay some quick grain (though that might be part of your bad film or old timey preset).

hope that helps!

Network Sponsors

Back